IV Sedation at Dental Care of Solon in Solon
Receiving regular dental checkups and routine care is essential to maintaining the best oral health possible. If you're one of the many who suffers from "dental phobia," IV sedation can be administered to help you relax while your dentist completes the procedures to maintain your oral health.
Why Choose IV Sedation?
- Compared to oral sedation or nitrous oxide, you'll reach a deeper level of sedation.
- If you suffer from a heavy gag reflex, IV sedation greatly reduces it.
- IV sedation takes effect rather quickly and can be customized to fit your individual needs.
- Unlike deep sedation or general anesthesia, you'll remain conscious during your procedure and still be able to cooperate with instructions.
The IV Sedation Process
Prior to your treatment, you'll receive medication through an intravenous line. This will place you in a calm, relaxed state. Even though you'll be sedated, you'll still retain all verbal and physical response capabilities. You'll maintain this relaxed state while the dental team completes your treatment.
Following the procedure:
- Someone should take you home. Once at home, rest for the remainder of the day.
- Avoid alcohol, and take medications only as directed.
- Avoid hazardous or strenuous activities. It's best not to eat a heavy meal immediately following your procedure. Also avoid driving a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- If you encounter any issues or abnormalities, please call our office.
We can help you relax with intravenous sedation during your dental treatments. Call Dental Care of Solon at 440-248-2035.